We’re looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn’t be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it’s appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles.
Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we’d like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 — a date of no significance whatsoever — at the
Daily Show’s “Rally to Restore Sanity.”
Ours is a rally for the people who’ve been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) — not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence… we couldn’t. That’s sort of the point.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Stewart and Colbert announce ‘Rally To Restore Sanity’ and ‘March To Keep Fear Alive’ (inquisitr.com)
- Jon Stewart Announces DC ‘Rally to Restore Sanity’ – Marc Schneider – PopEater (richarddawkins.net)
- October 30 (slacktivist.typepad.com)
- Would You Join Jon Stewart For His ‘Rally To Restore Sanity’? (lockergnome.com)
- Rally with ‘The Daily Show’ to Restore Sanity (oliviamunn.com)
- Jon Stewart To Throw ‘Rally To Restore Sanity’ On 10.30.10 In DC (mediaite.com)
- Colbert to rally against faux nemesis Stewart (omg.yahoo.com)
- “Jon Stewart Announces “Rally To Restore Sanity” For October 30″ and related posts (nymag.com)
- Rally To Restore Sanity: Planned by Jon Stewart for October 30 (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Can Comedy Central Rally the Radical Middle? (themoderatevoice.com)