And the essence of Tea Party Inanity (TPI), from Sarah Palin:
We know that Obama wasn’t vetted through the campaign, and now, you know, some things are coming home to roost, if you will, which is inexperience, his associations, and that ultimately harms our republic when a candidate isn’t — isn’t vetted by the media, that cornerstone of our democracy.
(H/T Andrew Sullivan)
- From The Annals Of Chutzpah (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Sarah Palin Whines That The Media Didn’t Vet Obama; Problem Is McCain Didn’t Vet HER (alan.com)
- Sarah Palin: ‘It Harms ‘Our Republic When A Candidate Isn’t Vetted By The Media’ (mediaite.com)
- “Sarah Palin admits that she sends out political messages through “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” – Despite fervent denials by TLC producer Mark Burnett” and related posts (palingates.blogspot.com)
- Sarah Palin Admits She Lied (socyberty.com)
- Sarah Palin Outlines Her Ideal Qualities In A Presidential Candidate (huffingtonpost.com)
- PBS Cuts Tina Fey’s Jokes Mocking Sarah Palin From Broadcast (omg.yahoo.com)
- Sarah Palin: ‘Engaged’ in Talks About a Presidential Run (abcnews.go.com)
- Sarah Palin Discusses Potential Presidential Run In Greatest Detail Yet (huffingtonpost.com)
2 thoughts on “The Self-Parody of Sarah Palin”
But imagine if members of the media, instead of falling over themselves to herald the coming of the One, had scrutinized Obama like they did Palin (or in Sulivan’s case, Palin’s uterus). Perhaps fewer people would be shocked and disappointed by the incompetence of the Ego in Chief. ( And for the record, I’m no fan of Palin either).
Geoff, your view as to Obama’s competence is a political one, not remotely an objective measure. The only people “shocked” and “disappointed” by Obama’s “incompetence” – in contrast, say, to simply disagreeing with his polices, on the Right, or political tactics, on the Left – are those who never much liked him to begin. Regardless, though, of our different take on that issue, Obama was as closely scrutinized as any other candidate who has run for president- including the longtime media darling himself, McCain – and never ran from the media as Palin did and does. Palin was an embarrassment to begin, to all but those ideologically committed to make excuses for her, and only further demonstrates that by unselfconsciously (in making the comment at all) offering a preposterous characterization of Obama that so obviously fits her. She is always canny, but ever clueless.